Customers come to Red Pony to find great designer, fashion-forward and unique fashions with an eye on origins, material and sustainability. We keep Red Pony customers happy by offering a well-curated selection of the styles that we know they (and we!) like best! We do this by being thorough and mindful about the items that we take in and the consignors that we partner with. Consignors should keep in mind that items that sell best at Red Pony are those from local designers and independent Canadian brands, although we also accept items from certain large retailers such as Aritzia, Anthropologie, J Crew, Club Monaco etc.
How to consign :
Step one: Visit Red Pony to get a feel for the type of clothing we carry and to see if your style of clothing would be a good fit.
Step 2: Please send us an email with the following information:
Your phone number
The number of items that you would like to consign (conforming to our standards below in the small print)
3-5 pictures of your best pieces
Additional information if necessary, such as important brands in your collection
Step 3: We will contact you within 5 days of receiving your email to book an appointment. Please note that an appointment does not guarantee that we will take all of your items.
Step 4: On your scheduled appointment date we will select which of your items we will take, and immediately return to you the ones that have not been selected. You will receive a copy of your Consignor Agreement which indicates the number of pieces selected and the end date of your contract.
Step 5: At the end of your contract you will receive a cheque for 40% of the selling price and we will return to you the items that did not sell (small print alert! Check below for a few more details about unsold items).
*We accept clothing by appointment only
*To make an appointment please email the store with the criteria detailed above
*Spring/Summer clothing accepted from January to June. Fall/Winter clothing is accepted July to December
* we accept both men's and women's clothing, shoes and accessories. We do not accept men's suits or women’s jeans
* items will only be accepted if they are of current styles (last 2 years), in new condition and freshly laundered
* a minimum of 10 items is needed to start an account
* a maximum of 50 items will be accepted per consignor per visit
* all sell prices will be determined by Red Pony *our consignment period is 12 weeks
* items may be discounted 50% if unsold after 8 weeks
* consignor will receive 40% of the final sale price of the item
* money will only be paid out at the end of the consignment contract
*unsold items will be held for pickup for 1 week after the consignment period. If items are not picked up they will become property of Red Pony and sent to charity
* there is a steaming charge of $1.00 per wrinkled item *Examples of local designers include: Workhall, Poppy Barley, Oak + Fort, Cinder+Smoke, Sessa Wearables, Salgado Fenwick, Nokomis/Vera-Vero and more! Examples of Canadian independents: Smoking Lily, Preloved, Gentle Fawn, Birds of North America, Matt&Nat…you get the idea ;)